The Downtown BID ensures that Downtown provides a pedestrian-oriented environment that is clean, engaging, friendly, welcoming and walkable. Due to the unique pedestrian environment of Downtown and its public spaces, cleaning, landscaping and other services by the BID are provided separately from, and as an extension to, existing city services.
Downtown Event Impact Fees assist the Downtown BID with costs related to:
- Sprinkler/water adjustments during events
- Additional trash management in areas adjacent to event footprint
- Additional trash management of public trash and recycling receptacles within event footprint. Note: although events must provide for their own trash management, the permanent green bins throughout Downtown collect significantly more trash during and after special events.
- Spot washing of sidewalk stains and spills
- Powerwashing of sidewalks