- Daily litter pick-up along sidewalks and flower beds; removal of stickers, fliers and some graffiti
- Sidewalk powerwashing and spot washing of spills and waste
- Snow removal on pedestrian ramps
- Installation and removal of holiday decor
- Management of promotional street banners
- Maintenance of flowerpots and flowerbeds, and irrigation systems
- Management of seasonal tree lighting
- Management of wayfinding signage
Tenant/Property Owner Responsibilities
- Alleys: Alley areas should be kept in an orderly manner. Lids on dumpsters should be closed, and spills cleaned up. The exterior of the dumpster should be clean, and the dumpster itself should not block alley traffic. Please call your trash service for early pick up of overflowing dumpsters.
- Graffiti: By city ordinance, all graffiti must be removed by the property owner within 10 days. Report all graffiti to the Graffiti Hotline at 634-5713. Also, call the BID manager at 499-7745 to see how we can help. Please note that we cannot remove graffiti from brick, stone or marble.
- Patio areas: Maintain and paint patio cafe railings. Railing to be kept free of rust, damage, rips, tears, frayed edges, peeling paint, loose tape or other deterioration.
- Sidewalks: Remove all spills and litter as they occur. Do not obstruct pedestrian right of way with A-frame or other temporary signage.
- Signage: Understand and follow guidelines for A-frame and other temporary or permanent signage.
- Snow removal: remove snow from building to curb, as well as patio areas. City code requires removal of snow from sidewalk by 5 pm 24 hours after snow cessation.
City of Colorado Springs Responsibility:
- Street sweeping
- Trash removal from public bins
- Maintenance of trees
- General maintenance of parks and medians
- Snow removal from streets
- Police protection