The Springs Beer Fest
ROAR in the City: Really Outrageous Adventure Race
- 2018 THEME: "Super HeROARs" (Name your team appropriately and dress up if you want!)
- New activity locations
- Lake Activities
- All maps & clues given to you at start of race
- NEW Start location (check in time is 6-8:30 a.m.)
- NEW Finish line/After party location
Lunch Beat: GOCA Downtown
Lunch Beat provides water, a 1-hour DJ set and a takeaway healthy lunch. You show up and dance. You’ll leave feeling happier, smarter, and like you just had your best lunch ever. Come dance Colorado Springs.The UCCS Galleries of Contemporary Art (GOCA) launched Colorado's first Lunch Beat in December, 2010. GOCA continues to provide the Pikes Peak region with unique experiences that builds community through art.
Lunch Beat was founded by Molly Ränge in June 2010, and the first event was arranged in the Fabel garage under Hötorget in the city of Stockholm, Sweden. 14 people attended the event. Now it's an international phenomenon, with a basic concept. The rules are simple:LUNCH BEAT MANIFESTO
- 1st rule: If it's your first lunch at Lunch Beat, you have to dance.
- 2nd rule: If it's your second, third or fourth time lunch at Lunch Beat, you have to dance.
- 3rd rule: If you are getting too tired to actually dance at Lunch Beat, please have your lunch at some other place.
- 4th rule: You don't talk about your job at Lunch Beat.
- 5th rule: At Lunch Beat everyone present is your dance partner.
- 6th rule: Any Lunch Beat are to be no longer than 60 minutes long and set during "lunch time."
- 7th rule: Lunch Beat always serve their guest with a 1-hour DJ set and 1 take away meal.
- 8th rule: Water is always served during a Lunch Beat for free.
- 9th rule: Lunch Beat is a preferably drug free environment.
- 10th rule: Lunch Beat can be set up anywhere by anyone as long as they are announced as public events, are nonprofit arrangements and are directed by this manifesto.
Letters Gala (an LGBT themed Cocktail Party)
Opera Theatre's Vocal Arts Festival
- Let's Make a Scene on July 15 at 3 p.m. at Packard Hall
- Scene Stealers on Sunday, July 22 at 3 p.m. at Packard Hall.
- Craig Terry from Chicago Lyric's Ryan Artists Center on Friday, July 13 at 7 p.m. at Packard Hall.
- Grand Finale Concert with Music of WWI on Sunday, July 29 at 3 pm. at the Richard Celeste Theatre, Cornerstone Arts Center, Colorado College.
Storm Drain Art Project Call for Art
- City of Colorado Springs Water Resources Engineering Division
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Council of Neighbors and Organizations (CONO)
- Downtown Partnership
- Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region (COPPeR)
Hops on the Bus
- The Shops at Briargate
- University Village
Rotary FLIGHT Preview Reception
Summer Community Art and Mural Program
- June 4-June 8; Helen Hunt Campus; 917 E. Moreno Avenue: Food justice mural with CSFR on two shipping containers, tile dragon and castle sculpture, historic mural restoration, and wooden picnic tables
- June 18-22; Concrete Couch property; 1100 S. Royer Street: Building a gate and fence out of metal, wood, and other materials, landscaping, earthmoving
- July 2-6; Helen Hunt Campus; 917 E. Moreno Avenue: Continued work on the dragon sculpture, picnic tables, and lantern building!
- July 16-20; Sand Creek Library; 1821 S. Academy Blvd: Mosaic on two large posts, painted hanging banners
- July 30-August 3; Hillside Community Center; 925 S. Institute: Garden work, wooden pallet vegetables, and garden art with Peace Camp
Pikes Peak Ascent & Marathon Run Fest
Benefit Show and Fair - Multiple Sclerosis Alliance
Peak Startup: Startup Week
What IF...Festival of Innovation and Imagination
The free What If...Festival of Innovation and Imagination brings people of all ages together to celebrate innovation and imagination! There are also free performances on 5 stages, including music, dance stage, cultural celebrations and youth stage.
What If…business people, art-makers of all kinds, inventors, educators, tech savvy folks, and garage tinkerers shared a day of wows, innovation, and creativity with people of all ages?!
Personally interact with inventions and innovations in robotics, cycling, phone apps, art, broadcasting, 3D printing, ping pong physics, urban farming, fire prevention, water management, musical instruments, sports, and much more. Enjoy the beer garden and multiple stages of live music and performance throughout the festival grounds!
The What If…Festival, produced by Imagination Celebration and presented by Xfinity, features an imaginative array of intriguing innovations from the Pikes Peak region. A full schedule of performances, delectable foods, and experiences, as well as a festival map, will be available in advance and on-site on Festival Day.
Engage your imagination and meet innovative people and businesses. Enjoy the interactive educational fun throughout six city blocks in Downtown Colorado Springs!
Be sure to check out the Colorado Springs Storm Drain Art Project while you are at the What If...Festival this year! There will be live painting occurring at all of the drains. Plus, if you snag a selfie with one (or all!) storm drains, you will be entered into the Peak Radar Storm Drain Photo Contest! Stay tuned for more information.