The City of Colorado Springs is conducting a one-year pilot program, beginning Fall 2021, with two e-scooter companies, Lime and Veo. Scooters provide another option for moving in and around our city center, reducing the need for a vehicle for short trips.
To take advantage of this new option download the app for the scooter company you wish to use and set up an account. Rules for riding and parking are stated in the apps, as well as Dismount Zone posted signage throughout Downtown.
5 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
Where to ride
- Scooters should be ridden in a bike lane or to the right of the traffic lane.
- On streets with a speed limit over 35 mph, scooters may be ridden on the sidewalk.
Where NOT to ride
Scooters are not permitted in the following areas:
- Sidewalks in busy pedestrian areas, including the Downtown core.
- On streets with posted speeds greater than 35 mph.
- In City parks or on City trails.
- Other designated no-ride zones specified by signage or in the app, including the Colorado College campus.
Scooters must be parked in designated areas as outlined in the apps and on the adjacent map. Users who do not properly park scooters may be fined.
Check out the map for more information on ride zones and parking.
Operational issues can be reported in the individual Lime and Veo apps, or through their local contacts:
Scooter issues can also be reported through the City’s GOCOS! application. Click “submit request” and select Code Violations or Accessibility.
For more information check out the City of Colorado Springs Shared E-Scooter Pilot Program page.