Events and/or road work requiring street closures or partial closures are listed below.
All information is based on details from event planners, Colorado Springs Utilities and/or the City of Colorado Springs. Please check individual links for additional details. Information is subject to change. For up-to-date construction info, check the city’s Cone Zone Map or mobile app Waze.
A note about events
Event closure information is provided by event organizers and the City of Colorado Springs. With evolving restrictions related to COVID-19, please check the individual event websites, listed below, for updates on each particular event.
EVENT – dine out downtown
Saturday, June 20 (and following weekends)
Event runs 4 – 10 p.m.
- 2 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Tejon Street between Pikes Peak and Colorado
(Pikes Peak and Colorado remain open to traffic)
ROAD WORK – U.S. olympic & PAralympic museum
Ongoing through Spring 2020
- Closure of Vermijo St. between Sahwatch and Tejon
- Closure of Sierra Madre St., various blocks between Colorado and Cimarron
- Limited and changing access on surrounding roads.
ROAD WORK – curb, gutter & Sidewalk repairs
Approx. March 24-June 2
Weber St., from Uintah St. to Platte Ave.
- Various lane restrictions for curb, gutter, sidewalk and concrete repairs
ROAD WORK – pedestrian bridge
March 16, 2020 until further notice
Closure of Cimino Drive, between Conejos Street and the U.S. Olympic Sport House
- Mid-March: construction of bridge assembly area and leveling pad
- April-May: prefabricated steel bridge elements arrive, bridge assembly begins in gravel parking lot
- June: construction of western abutment
- September: bridge assembly completed and bridge placed on abutments
EVENT – WESTERN STREET BREAKFAST
tentatively rescheduled for 8/22
Event runs 5:30 – 9:00 a.m.
- 12 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Pikes Peak Ave. between Cascade Ave. & Nevada Ave.
- Tejon St. between Kiowa St. & Colorado Ave.
- 4:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Pikes Peak Ave. between Nevada Ave. & Corona St.
EVENT – 33RD ANNUAL HIGH COUNTRY TOY RUN
Sunday, October 4, 2020
Event runs 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Meters will be hooded 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.:
- Both sides of Tejon St. between Kiowa St. & Pikes Peak Ave.
- South side of Kiowa St. between Tejon St. & Transit Center
- North side of Pikes Peak Ave. from mid-block between Cascade Ave. & Tejon St. to mid-block between Tejon St. & Nevada Ave.
- Rollling closures from 11:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. listed in order of occurrence:
- Chestnut St. north from Colorado Technical University to Garden of the Gods Rd.
- Garden of the Gods Rd. east from Chestnut St. to Union Blvd.
- Union Blvd. south from Austin Bluffs to Pikes Peak Ave.
- Pikes Peak Ave. west from Union Blvd. to Colorado Ave.
- Colorado Ave. west from Pikes Peak Ave. to Nevada Ave.
- Nevada Ave. north from Colorado Ave. to Pikes Peak Ave.
- Pikes Peak Ave. west from Nevada Ave. to Tejon St.