Urban Living Tour – April 13, 2019
The tour will take place rain, snow or sunshine!
Returning for a third year… Get an insider’s look at what it’s like to live in the walkable, social, connected neighborhood of Downtown Colorado Springs. Over a dozen Downtowners will open their homes from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. for the Urban Living Tour, which highlights residences in mixed-use buildings throughout the Downtown area. From legacy properties to repurposed warehouses, the residents of the Urban Living Home tour can’t wait to tell you what’s amazing about their homes, their buildings, and their lives in the heart of the city.
Tickets are $15 per person, including children. Tickets may be purchased at any participating Urban Living Tour location (CASH ONLY) to obtain the print edition of the 2019 Urban Living Guide and start the self-guided tour.*
*NOTE: If ADA-accessible amenities are desired, please call ahead: 719-886-0088
The 2019 Urban living Tour Features:
- 22 Spruce (22 N. Spruce St.)
- Featured Neighborhood Hot Spot! CityROCK and the ute & yeti (21 N. Nevada Ave.)
- 333 ECO Apartments (333 E. Colorado Ave.)
- GIDDINGS LOFTS (101 N. Tejon St.)
- Greenway Flats (5 W. Las Vegas St.)
Please note: No parking on site (see below for more information)
- Historic Fire Station 1 (29 S. Weber St.)
Please note: Limited availability; additional fee (see below for more information)
- Featured Neighborhood Hot Spot! PikeRide
Please note: Due to the weather, you’ll find PikeRide inside the lobby at 333 ECO.
- Park Manor Apartments (16 Valley Pl.)
- Poet Lofts (201 E. Las Animas St.)
Know before you go: Greenway Flats
- Greenway Flats, a collaborative project of Nor’wood and the Springs Rescue Mission, will provide 65 units of permanent supportive housing for people exiting homelessness beginning in late Spring 2019. The Urban Living Tour is highlighting this special project to show how Downtown strives to be a neighborhood for all.
- Due to parking constraints, Greenway Flats is only accessible to Urban Living Tour guests via shuttle. Shuttle picks up and drops off from 22 Spruce (22 N. Spruce St.) every 30 minutes, on the hour and at half past.
- Greenway Flats is in the final stages of construction. Individuals wishing to tour the property must wear low-heel, closed-toe shoes. A hard hat, safety glasses and vest will be provided and must be worn at all times.
- The Greenway Flats tour involves climbing four flights of stairs in succession. If you anticipate needing extra time or assistance for the climb, please alert your tour guide.
- This property is not available to tour by individuals under age 16.
Know before you go: Historic Fire Station 1
- A special addition to the 2019 Urban Living Tour, Fire Station 1 is offering limited tours of its firefighters’ living quarters from 3-4 p.m. on Saturday, April 13.
- Our city’s first fire station, Station 1 is a shining example of how historic buildings can be adapted and preserved to continue to serve our growing community.
- TOUR SPACE AT THE FIRE STATION IS LIMITED TO 30 INDIVIDUALS.
To reserve a spot, click “BUY TICKETS” above and select “Advance Admission including Fire Station 1” at checkout. If this option is not visible, then tickets for this site are sold out.
- Tours of Fire Station 1 will only be offered from 3-4 p.m.
- All ages are welcome, but individuals using strollers and wheelchairs will not be able to access the second floor.