Now accepting applications for 2020 Holiday Pop Up Program
The Colorado Springs Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is now accepting applications for the 2020 Holiday Pop-Up Shop program.
Interested retailers: Download and submit the DOWNTOWN HOLIDAY POP-UP APPLICATION. Deadline September 28, 2020.
The program is open to both new and existing retailers; however, established businesses demonstrating a strong potential for long term success in a brick and mortar location will be the most competitive. New retailers are required to submit a business plan illustrating a realistic pathway to sustained operations in a brick and mortar location. Interested retailers should also provide a well thought out marketing strategy to be executed during participation in the program.
Participating retailers will be expected to maintain regular hours to include both evenings and weekends during the two-month duration of the program. In addition, participating retailers will be required to submit sales data to the DDA to help measure program success and holiday sales activity downtown.
Interested property owners: Downtown property owners interested in hosting a pop-up shop, are encouraged to send a statement of interest to Alex Armani-Munn via email at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE Downtown Colorado Springs Holiday Pop-Up Shop Program
The Holiday Pop-Up Shop program is an opportunity for growing retailers to test the Downtown Colorado Springs market as a viable option for a brick-and-mortar location while contributing to the consumer experience during one of our busiest shopping seasons.
History of the program
Launched in 2014, the Holiday Pop-Up Shop program initially was conceived as a creative strategy for attracting new retail concepts to Downtown while also filling vacant spaces during the holidays. Since the inception of the program, more than 50 unique retail brands and concepts have been featured in individual or cooperative retail spaces.
Recent additions to Downtown such as The Local Honey Collective (9 E. Bijou), Eclectic Co. (214 1/2 N. Tejon), Crafted Colorado (327 N. Tejon) as well as established favorites like Rocky Mountain Soap Market (212 N. Tejon) and Story Coffee (120 E. Bijou) got their start Downtown through the Holiday Pop-Up Shop program.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Local, regional, and national retail brands with the ability to absorb between 500 and 5,000 square feet of retail space in their own brick-and-mortar store.
- Retail brands looking to establish a future presence in the market.
- Pop-ups should be complementary to the overall mix of Downtown’s existing retail while providing fresh offerings designed to increase foot traffic and drive more shoppers to Downtown.
How are participating retailers chosen?
- Retailers are selected through a juried process and will be chosen based on concept viability, product quality, ability to grow and establish a local presence, and overall fit of the product offerings.
- Retailers also will be selected based on alignment with the Downtown brand, their availability to maintain regular and and consistent hours of operation, their ability to supply the program with data on sales and performance, as well as the availability of space within the market.
- Ideal product offerings would fall in the following categories: gifts, apparel and accessories, specialty prepared/packaged food, books, sporting goods and supplies, pet supplies, Colorado/local and art/culture related retail items, as well as home goods, décor and other boutique items.
Retailers interested in operating a pop-up shop Downtown outside of the holiday season are encouraged to contact Alex Armani-Munn at Alex@downtowncs.com or by calling 303-842-0865 to learn about available spaces and additional eligibility requirements.